The Malvern Hills Conservators
The Conservators manage over 1200 hectares (3000 acres) including most of the Hills and the surrounding Commons, some other parcels of land and many roadside verges according to the Malvern Hills Acts 1884 to 1995. The Malvern Hills Acts were drawn up to protect the rights of Commoners and the public and to prevent encroachment on the Malvern Hills, lands and commons. Under these and other relevant Acts the Malvern Hills Conservators shall manage the Hills to:
- Preserve the natural aspect
- Protect and manage trees, shrubs, turf, and other vegetation.
- Prevent unlawful digging and quarrying.
- Keep the Hills open, unenclosed and unbuilt on as open spaces for the recreation and enjoyment of the public.
- Conserve and enhance biodiversity, Sites of Special Scientific Interest and Scheduled Ancient monuments on its land.